250 N. Fifth Street
Zionsville, IN 46077-0840
Antiques Roadshow - 21 Aug 2014
Antiques Roadshow Insider
Have an interest in antiques? Do you enjoy knowing the worth of old items so that you can look for them when you go picking? Then you will love the Antiques Roadshow Insider. Such an interesting look at dazzling pieces, paintings and framed historical documents. The July issue covers the current interest in Texas art and the “pioneering painters” who wandered in this part of our country from Germany to paint landscapes and animals . They gave quite a depiction of life in Texas in the 1800’s.
June issue has pictures and worth of stunning jewelry pieces for collectors to appreciate and also covers an enjoyable article on “classic comedians”. If you are looking to have a yard sale anytime soon, there is some very good information on how to proceed successfully.
Auction news and trends are covered in the current August issue so come in, sit down and take a look. All copies can be checked out except the most current issue.
What is HIIT? - 19 Aug 2014
HIIT is the acronym for High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT is any workout that alternates short periods of intense exercise with recovery periods. For example: combining five cycles of one-minute intense periods with two-minutes of recovery will total a fifteen minute HIIT workout.
But any workout has be beneficial (especially if it includes the word "intensity" in the title) or you won't do it. So, what are the benefits of HIIT workouts?
10 Minute Solution: High Intensity Interval Training demonstrates five 10-minute HIIT workouts. They are intense, but remember they are short, so the pain will not last for long. Each workout has a unique design, so you will have variety with this DVD.
UFit by Cindy Whitmarsh is a hybrid of HIIT, as it incorporates weights. There are periods of intense cardio, but Cindy uses weights during recovery to perform toning exercises. There are two 20-minute segments: Upper Body Bliss and Lower Body Blast.
One of the toughest interval workouts is Insanity. That is because its intensity/recovery intervals are inverted. The intense work intervals are longer than traditional HIIT, with shorter recovery periods. For extreme results, millions believe in this method. Your library has the Insanity 10 DVD set.
Now that you have some options, choose a DVD and HIIT it!
Bicentennial Statehood Day Essay Contest for 4th Graders - 15 Aug 2014
in.gov/library/statehood.htm. Winners of the Hoosier Bicentennial Moments essay contest will be honored at the Statehood Day Celebration at one of four participating locations on Thursday, December 11, 2014. For additional information regarding events planned for Statehood Day, please visit in.gov/idoa/2371.htm.
• The competition is open to any Indiana 4th grade public, private or homeschooled student in the 2014-2015 school year.
• Essays must range from 100 to 300 words, handwritten or typed.
• Essays should be submitted on the front of one page whenever possible. No identifying information should be on the front of the entry. Identifying information including the student’s name, teacher’s name, school’s name, address, telephone number, and a valid email address for the teacher or individual, must be included. Entries are accepted from schools or individuals.
• Essays should be reflective of the theme and convey clear thoughts about Hoosier Bicentennial Moments which can include historical moments, significant events, or great moments in time for Indiana or Indiana Hoosiers.
• Essays must be postmarked by Friday, October 24, 2014 and should be mailed to the Indiana State Library.
• A panel of judges will choose first, second, third, and fourth place winners.
The winners, along with their class, will be invited to read his or her essays at one of the four participating locations on December 11th for Indiana’s 198th Statehood Day.